What’s In Your Go-Kit?
As a Wi-Fi professional what is your Go to Kit for a job such as survey on site. I am going to add what I would like to carry.
Frame Analysis Sub-Kit:
Packet analyser kit is something I would carry to my jobs which we have several options.
1- Commview for WiFi with recommended adapter
2- Acrylic WiFi analyser with recommended adapter ( supports only 802.11n/20Mhz channel)
3- Air magnet Analyser
4- Kali Linux with supported adapter
5- Macbook with software such airtools
Site Survey Sub-Kit:
Even with sit survey kit there are few options available such as:
• Air magnet survey kit
• Ekahau survey kit and now Ekahau Side Kick
• Acrylic heatmaps
• Tamograph WiFi survey
There are few other tools in the market as well but Ekahau and Airmagnet provides you much better results then other tools.
Spectrum Analysis Sub-Kit:
- Metageek Wi-Spy 2.4x (Chanalyzer)
- Metageek Wi-Spy DBx
- Ethernet/Console Sub-Kit
- AirConsole Mini 2.0 wireless console adapters
- Apple USB Ethernet Adapters
- Apple Thunderbolt Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Laser measurement
- Laser level
- Ethernet cable Termination tools
- Power Tap/Surge Protector
- USB Charger
- USB Cables
- POE injector
- Microsoft Surface Book
- Apple MacBook Pro 15″ (upgraded to 802.11ac)
- Apple iPad Pro 10.5″
- Ekahau Site Survey Pro (Mac/Windows)
- Metageek Chanalyzer (Windows)
- Metageek InSSIDer Office (Windows)
- AirTool (Mac)
- Wifi Explorer Pro (Mac)
- Wireshark (Mac/Windows)
- Microsoft Visio (Windows)
- Microsoft Office (Mac/Windows)Depending on the combination of stuff, it goes in a Pelican carry-on case.